Brighter Days



I am here from enjoying the Japanese TV Special "Brighter Days", where this track from DREAMS COME TRUE was one of the "inspirational" songs used in the show, as well the ending. When I heard her sing it, then the other nurses singing it accapella, it was such a jouyous memory of a song I;d remember from my "past" lifetime (no, not "traveled back in time", but) ... Listen below to "Haretara Iine (Version'18)".

"Brighter Days (晴れたらいいね)" currently dreaming on Apple TV and Prime (where I watched mine).



The 90+minuter TV special is based on the "Hareta ra Iine (It Would Be Nice If It Were Sunny)" novel by Yoko Fujioka (first published in 2015). The drama is produced by TV Tokyo and BS TV Tokyo has been available on Prime Video since January 10 , 2025. (Source)

SYNOPSIS: The story follows Saho Takahashi, a modern-day nurse , as she time-slips to 1944 as Sae Yukino (played by Mei Nagano), a military nurse in Manila , Philippines during World War II. It depicts her surviving the harsh conditions of being constantly on the brink of death, alongside her comrades, without losing hope as a nurse.

Comments

Popular Posts