Vol.65 - 4 X 4 on #TUNESTALKSG



"4 X 4 on #TUNESTALKSG" is a ongoing serial feature (started in 2025) where I showcased/share tracks / MVs from 4 Random Albums I have in my eclectic collection ... some might get their own Full Album Listens, most might not ... just enjoy the memories, cheers.






WHAT: "Singles" 2-CD compilation album by New Order.
WHEN: Released in 2005.
TRACKS: Out of all their tracks there the years, "Age of Consent" struck with me the most.... Which I just realised (as I wiki'd this album) that this was NOT listed on the 2-CD albums? Ok, fine ... this is "Bizarre Love Triangle" followed by "Regret" ... next time we do "Krafty" and "Waiting for the Sirens' Call", ok? Cheers :)










WHAT: "Beauty" by Ryuichi Sakamoto
WHEN: Released in 1989.
TRACKS: "Calling From Tokyo" (above) was the quintessential musical stylings of Sakamoto which I was first drawn to... while "Adagio" became the subsequent basis of my love and adoration for this evocative soundtrack soundscapes. This particular album reminds me of 80s/90s Hollywood-film OST with a oriental-skew - which was essentially "Laserman" from the "Black Rain" Soundtrack...!










WHAT: "Ha" by Talvin Singh.
WHEN: Released in 2001.
TRACKS: "The Beat Goes On" (above) and "Bobby Style" (below)
I clued in to his soundscape after discovering 1998's "OK" - which ironically I'd first procured a bootlegged CD of in Vietnam, and the curiosity paid off spectacularly too! Alas I've not gotten any further of his albums after "Ha" tho... more likely of my alteration in musical tastes, and that CDs became a harder proposition to procure here in SG?








WHAT: "Message" by Japanese actor and singer Takashi Sorimachi.
WHEN: Released in 1997.
TRACKS: "Forever" (above) So he played "Eikichi Onizuka" in GTO (AKA "Great Teacher Onizuka") in 1998, so it couldn't have been the reason why IO bought this album tho, and I have zero memory too LOL


Comments

Popular Posts