DISC TWO for HYPERACTIVE New Wave



( Disc One HERE )



Above: "Shouldn't Have To Be Like That" by Fra Lippo Lippi (Single from the 1986 album "Songs") is yet another quintessential 80s track remembered fro the song itself, but not the band who performed it, at least for me ... Now I read their name only reminds me of "Kim Lip" from South Korean girl group LOONA, cheers :)



Above (Audio Only): "Sunset Now" by HEAVEN 17 from their 1984 album "How Men Are", which I adored but somehow forgotten thru the years. I'll need to do a Full Album listen somewhen ...



Above: "Louise (We Get It Right)" by Jona Lewie - Oh I've heard this before, I think...!



Above: "Turning Japanese" by The Vapors
And how could I post the above, but not the (non-80s) Kirsten Dunst-version (seen below)





Above: "Echo Beach" by Martha and The Muffins, for which I'd forgotten how epic it had been...! I don't hear this as often, if at all. Fab score, as far as I am concerned :)



Above: "Lucky Number" by Lene Lovich. First time I am hearing this, and liking it immensely! Or maybe I've heard this before but forgotten it, as certain sounds are "familiar"...hhhhmmmm



Above: "Life On Your Own" by Human League. Originally an album track on 1984's "Hysteria", it was then released as a single in the UK. There are a few Human League tracks that are eternally connected to my memories and enjoyment of the 80s, and this felt "light" compared... but thru the years I've become welcoming of this track :)



Whenever I come across a "80s Compilation" album, I'd first check out the tracks listed, and readily pick up songs I am familiar with (but not own too often of, because most 80s compilation albums have "regular suspects"), and most times are as intrigued with names and titles I am unfamiliar with - be it absolutely first listens, or needing to jolt my memories with.

I remembered picking up this album because o the songs I was unfamiliar with, and non-too "regular suspect"-tracks from regular suspects!

Not that I am "undiscerning", but having access to CDs these days is absolute rarity! I ire likely bought this yeaaaaars ago at the (now defunct) Sunday flea market jin China Square Central, from my "regular CD-selling uncle (whom has waaaaay more heavy metal and rock CDs than 80s lol). I hope he is doing well and staying healthy tho.

Comments

Popular Posts