DISC ONE for HYPERACTIVE New Wave



( Disc Two HERE )



ABOVE: "Hyperactive" by Thomas Dolby (from the album "The Flat Earth") is one of only two tracks I remember the artist for, the other one being "She Blinded Me With Science", of course... THEN I saw the listing for "Europa And The Pirate Twins" (from the album "The Golden Age Of Wireless" - which I suspected I might have owned on cassette tape, but...)...



ABOVE: "Ooh To Be Ah" by Kajagoogoo (from the 1983 album 'White Feathers'), although my "go-to"-song has got to be "Too Shy". And I've always felt Limahl's "Never Ending Story" was never truly apart of Kajagoogoo's discography, but that's just me :p



ABOVE: "Miss Me Blind" by Culture Club (from the 1983 album "Colour by Numbers") is but one of the tracks in a classic iconic album which included "Karma Chameleon", "It's a Miracle", "Victims" and "Time (Clock of the Heart)" - which was included in Japanese vinyl pressings.



ABOVE (Audio Only): "Jeopardy" by Greg Kihn Band is the sole track I remember from the performers.



ABOVE (Audio Only): "There Are The Boys" by Tenpole Tudor ... I have an exceeding faint memory of hearing this, or at least an incarnation of this song ... but this is pretty much the first time I'm hearing this song ~ LOL



ABOVE: "I Am The Beat" by The Look ...which on first listen I'd thought I'd heard it before... BUT, I actually have not.



ABOVE: "Is There Something I Should Know" by Duran Duran (from 1982's "Duran Duran" re-release) is to me one of the quintessential songs/sounds from Duran Duran, at the very least in my Top Ten (which I really should do up one day for this blog :p). This MV was directed by Russell Mulcahy, who would be one of my fav 90s directors for "Highlander" (1986) although I remembered him more for "Highlander II: The Quickening" (1991), and "The Shadow" (1994) with Alec Baldwin (I have that on Laser Disc OMG), and lost interest subsequently :p

Comments

Popular Posts