LOONA for F.A.S.T로 / Stroke Awareness


LOONA seen on social promoting STROKE AWARENESS (in South Korea), alongside a slew of other Korean performers and folks - viewable on Insta @2020_fast_campaign, and hashtag: "#fast캠페인".

F: 웃어요 ("Smile")
A: 양팔을 나란히 ("Arms side by side")
S: 단어 번복해서 말해요 ("repeat the words")
T: 뇌졸중 전조증상엔 119 ("dial 119 for signs of stroke")


"F.A.S.T." stands for "Face, Arms, Speech, Time" - essentially symptoms to notice when Stroke affects a person. I have added a handy video (from SG) below, to aid in the awareness-efforts (In English tho)...



I would never not have expected nor imagined LOONA to ever be involved in Stroke awareness.

Having been a "survivor" since 2010 (I was 41 years old then), "Stroke" was largely a isolating experience (even though we did rehabilitation surrounded by fellow survivors :p) ... and as much as I had constantly voiced my experiences on my Stroke-blog, and most recently "celebrated" 10 Years with pouring my all out to the none-too-interested public (*which is all fine and good, as I am just an average person sharing, so no expectations at all), but for hoping I am able to share my experience for folks who want to, or need to know more, as much as I had felt alone with zero knowledge besides what doctors and therapists had told me, IMHO.

10 Years on, I suddenly see my fav girl group even just holding up a sign? That is enough.

Thank you LOONA, for helping spread awareness! Stay healthy everyone!

Now go watch their "STAR" MV again ... this is after all a "Music Blog", no? :)



HEADSUP VIA:

Comments

Popular Posts