Introducing "2JIN" from LOONA

>

LOONA's HeeJin and HyunJin *("2Jin" as they are affectively called by Orbits) had partnered up twice after their own individual solo debuts (HeeJin + HyunJin), first with "I'll Be There" - which is the B-Side to "Around You", and subsequently with "My Sunday" (scroll thru for MV and more).

Featured up top is the photo-card pulled from the CD single/album, and I've as well added better snaps of said album, and even a page flip!



The (late) 80s' aesthetics and sound is unmistakable, with the VHS-frills and effects, the deliberate-beats electronic-dance of the era, and oh-gosh-cute-girls that reminds folks ("me") of an era I could remember, with a connection strengthen by "recognisable nostalgia", and frankly not needing to kill more braincells to devour what is showcases/presented before me.

A lot of the reactions I've been watching on youtube reference this to similar period, but I wonder wouldn't it have been fab if they had fully lived that era sonically too? Only for the opportunity besides to be able to enjoy and search for similar sounding tunes of that era(ish), so maybe I would feel THAT old, dammit LOL ... Here are some suggestions:

"When I Think Of You" by Janet Jackson (1989)
"Rhythm Of The Night" by DeBarge (1985)
"How Will I Know" by Whitney Houston (1985)
"Ain't Nobody" by Rufus & Chaka Khan (1983)





The above "choreography practice" video (14 Jan 2017) was revealed on @loonatheworld on youtube when the "I’ll Be There" official music video reached 200k view.

ALBUM IMAGES:



ALBUM PAGEFLIP:



The second collaboration single was "My Sunday" (MV seen below), which had since had both artists referred to as "2Jin", being the first ship in LOONA to be made by fans (loonatheworld.fandom.com), with the lyrics and aesthetics providing a parallel to their blossoming friendship. Regardless reality or fiction, I am neither here to condone nor judge (I am all for free love tho), and am LMAO at seeing HyunJin constantly winding HeeJin up (check out their current LOONA TV episodes :p). Featured below is the teaser, followed by the MV for "My Sunday".





There is also another version of the exact same song released subsequently, titled "My Melody", featuring the voices of HaSeul (the 3rd LOONA Girl revealed) and YeoJin (the 4th LOONA Girl revealed). The mood is different this time (compared to the 2Jin's), with more familial friendship the focus, IMHO. Both "My Sunday" and "My Melody" was filmed in Taiwan (14 Jan 2017).



Both HeeJin and HyunJin were also apart of the talent survival reality program titled "MIXNINE", along with third LOONA member HaSeul, but pulled out before the finalised results. All three girls will also later record the Christmas themed "The Carol" as part of LOONA.

HeeJin, HyunJin, HaSeul and 5th LOONA member to be revealed; ViVi, will form the first LOONA subunit "LOONA 1/3".

BUY ON AMAZON:

Comments

Popular Posts