"SHOPPER" by IU X DPR IAN



"The story of shoppers who shop for what they want based on their own tastes and standards in a store that never closes.
The items they put in their cart are very personal. By the standards of others and the world, they may be too trivial, excessive, strange, or not very valuable. But shoppers don't care. They listen to themselves to realize what they truly want and choose exactly what will make them happy, and they are only satisfied by putting their desires and tastes in their cart.
In this shop, only the shopper sets the price tag for the value of his or her desires. It is up to him to decide whether the choice is worthwhile or not."

(English text translated from Google Translate / Read original here)

=


"Shopper" featured Lyrics by 아이유 / Composed by 이종훈, 이채규 / Arranged by 이종훈, 이채규.

"SHOPPER" by IU X DPR IAN, apart of her 6th Mini Album "The Winning", releasing 2024.02.20 18:00 (KST).



"The things I put in my cart as a shopper are the emotions and moments I encountered during the performance of ‘The Golden Hour: Under the Orange Sun’ in 2022. At that performance, I strongly felt desires of determination that were somewhat unfamiliar to me," shared IU.

"Those two days of performance while I was feeling a bit burnt out at work completely turned the theme and atmosphere of the album I was preparing in advance, as well as my energy towards it. I wanted to leave the easy and comfortable things behind for a while and challenge myself once again. It was the audience on that hot night that helped me clear my mind as I was circling around the same spot and putting off finishing my album day after day, unable to admit that I was burnt out.

The voices of tens of thousands of people came into me as clearly as one person's voice and awakened new desires. As a result, I put the courage and overwhelmingness I felt into this song. This time, I hope that my voice will give those who listen to this song ‘the courage to be confident in what they want.’"


(English text translated from Google Translate / Original text reposted below)

"내가 쇼퍼로서 카트에 담은 것들은 2022년 ‘The Golden Hour : 오렌지 태양 아래’ 공연에서 마주했던 감정과 순간들이다. 나는 그 공연에서 나로서는 다소 낯선 결의 욕망들을 강하게 느꼈다.

일에 있어 약간의 번아웃을 느끼던 와중에 마주한 그 이틀간의 공연은 미리 준비 중이었던 이 앨범의 주제와 분위기, 그리고 그것에 임하는 나의 에너지 자체를 싸그리 뒤집어 놓았다. 쉽고 편한 것은 잠시 뒤로 하고 다시 한번 쏟아내듯 도전하고 싶어졌다. 번아웃이라는 걸 인정하지 못한 채 같은 자리를 빙빙 돌며 차일피일 앨범의 마무리를 미루던 내 머릿속을 명료하게 정리해 준 것은 그 더운 밤의 관객들이었다.

수만 명의 소리가 한 사람의 목소리처럼 또렷이 내 안에 들어와 새로운 욕심들을 깨웠다. 그로 인해 내가 느꼈던 용기와 벅참을 이 곡에 욱여 담았다. 이번에는 내 목소리가 이 곡을 듣는 이들에게 ‘자신이 원하는 것에 확신을 가질 용기’가 되길 바란다."





Comments

Popular Posts