Full Album Listen for "GREASE 2"



"Grease 2" is a 1982 American musical romantic comedy film and the sequel to "Grease", and a film I am more familiar with and actually experience/watch, even as I'd enjoyed the songs from the 1978 film "after the fact". Maxwell Caulfield was pretty cute, and I was whipped for Michelle Pfeiffer!

Just watched a portion of this on tv today, and thought to do a "Full ALbum Listen" for the OST, cheers. Gosh I loved "Charades" and "(Love Will) Turn Back the Hands of Time"...!



TRACKLIST:
"Back to School Again"
"Score Tonight"
"Brad"
"Cool Rider"
"Reproduction"
"Who's That Guy?"
"Do It for Our Country"
"Prowlin'"
"Charades"
"Girl for All Seasons"
"(Love Will) Turn Back the Hands of Time"
"Rock-a-Hula Luau (Summer Is Coming)"

































In many ways, I could identify with the protagonist (*NOT with the "good looking"-part LOL), but of being the outsider, and of not being able to "belong" or be apart of the group, and be looked on and be considered. For sure I was interested in someone on school (I swear I could not remember who, or if even this was the factual case :p), and it didn't help I felt ostracised because of my own secret of reading comicbooks (self-inflicted, I think), so in a way whatever "wish fulfilment" to allow me to escape from myself and self-doubt, was welcomed, and years/decades later, "embraced".

Also, I remembered for a school extracurricular event - for which I joined the school's "Drama Club" (Go ahead, laugh to your heart's content :p) - one of the first group performances we practised for, was the "Back to School Again" synchronised group danceOMFG...! Whatever happened is forever locked in the back of my subconsciousness (#truestorybro), but I think I left the club after that performance ... the stage was just not for me... :)

Comments

Popular Posts