"Kaleidoscope World" by Swing Out Sister (Full Album Listen)



"Kaleidoscope World" is the second studio album by the British band Swing Out Sister. Coming after a spectacular It's Better to Travel (1987), I remembered my anticipation was high, and I was not disappointed.



Released in 1989, the soundscape quite literally went "widescreen" with the inclusion of orchestral splendour, leaning very heavily into a classic 60s-retro-flavour, relaxingly playful soda-POP, and seemingly not taking themselves too seriously, and I had not been as effortlessly charmed since, for an entire cohesive album. This is a MUST-HAVE album, as far as I am concerned.

The Full Album listen I am attempting today, is based off the tracks found in the CD release. Enjoy!



TRACKLIST:
"You on My Mind" – (3:32)
"Where in the World" – (5:33)
"Forever Blue" – (4:17)
"Heart For Hire" – (4:25)
"Tainted" – (3:59)
"Waiting Game" – (4:15)
"Precious Words" – (4:13)
"Masquerade" – (4:46)
"Between Strangers" – (4:06)
"The Kaleidoscope Affair" – (3:09)
"Coney Island Man" – (3:43) (A. Connell, C. Drewery)
"Precious Words (Instrumental) – (4:11)
"Forever Blue (String Mix) – (4:13)
"Masquerade (Instrumental) – (4:46)

(Listing & info via Wikipedia)

































Comments

Popular Posts