#MyChemicalRomance Vinyl Figure Series & Phunnys Plush from Kidrobot

I admit, I've never thought to have alternative rock / pop punk / emo band "My Chemical Romance" as "toys" or action figures... with the most apt iconology to be their "Black Parade" or "Danger Days" personas and costumes, but no, as much as I enjoy their music, I've never expected them, nor wished for them to be made toys ... so it was with a crooked brow I intensely glared at the emailers from Kidrobot, for their interpretation of MCR as TOYS...!



Kidrobot has partnered with "My Chemical Romance" to release VINYL sets and PHUNNY Plush based on the band's discography - including "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love," "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge," "The Black Parade," "Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys," and a special themed "The Return of MCR", coinciding with their 2022 "Reunion Tour".



Releases are weekly, for five weeks (one album per week), with 2 x albums released thus far (at time of this blogpost), with items available online via kidrobot.com. Scroll thru further for a slightly closer look at them....!



The first limited edition vinyl figure set is an homage to MCR’s 2002 debut "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love." Priced at US$75 (plus shipping and handling), this 3" tall vinyl figure set feature all 5 members of MCR, limited to 2,000pcs.



From their first album "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me You Love," this Phunny plush of the strait-jacketed escape artist from the album cover is 5 inches tall. It has a weighted bottom so you can stand it upright, and a clip so you can hang it upside down. US$15.99 each.

I am unfamiliar with the album, and have zero affinity for the above themed-products, and quite frankly cannot imagine needing to want these at all... but that's just me, cheers. As perturbed as I am, I too am "curious" to see how all this is played out :)



The next vinyl figure set pays homage to "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" (my first ever MCR album actually... gosh I ADORED "Three Cheers"...!), with the box set of 5 X 3" vinyl figures also priced at US$75.00 (plus shipping and handling), limited to 2,000pcs.



The next plush release is "HELENA" from "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge", with this 5-inch tall collectible priced at US$15.99. I have to say tho, this is one decent looking Phunny...! Who would've imagined a blood-splattered emo-goth licensed plush? If this plush was housed in a coffin-shaped box tho...!

Here's the MV for "Helena" (with a Full Album Listen on TUNESTALKSG) to help guide you thru this blogpost, cheers :)

Comments

Popular Posts