New Charli XCX Track & My Memories of mid-90s Club Soundscape



Randomly came across and played the new track from Charli XCX (Her YT Channel), with "Used To Know Me" (MV above) immediately brought me back to the early mid-90s - where the original version of "Push the Feeling On" by Scottish music group Nightcrawlers and American DJ Marc Kinchen (MK) was all the rage in Germany - at least for where I was vacationing, somewhen in 1994. The below video (released 2015) managed to capture a sliver of the vibe I'd felt, oh so many years ago.



Thoughtout my one week backpacking trip (with friends) - which was significant for me, as it was before I started my new job - where we'd visited (and I'd collected, because I am a "hoarder of memories" lol) tons of fashion and lifestyle shops / boutiques, whom inevitably had club flyers, for parties and raves.

This track could readily be heard playing in the shops too, so both acid-colors of the flyers and soundscape were etched in my memories. It was only after coming back to Singapore and a while later (after diving into the acid house club scene here nyuknyuk) that I actually found out WHAT the heck I was listening to ...! Once I find the CD I'll post this here as "proof" LOL

Here are a few more remixes and performances to share, and this is in NO WAY a shade to Charli XCX, and I am THANKFUL instead for the memories flooding back in again LOL









But WAIT! Didn't we hear this in Robin S' 1993 "Show Me Love" too? :)

Comments

Popular Posts