Shy Talk - (Possibly) Full Album Listen...?



Of course I was curious about the "extra song listing" in my tape for "Hunting High And Low" album by A-Ha!, and googled me to a little bit of clarity, although not as much as the following:

The band was formerly known as "Motivation" (Wikipedia), but was "forced to change their name to "Shy Talk" and was signed to Columbia records in the U.S., releasing one album, Shy Talk, in 1985. The rest of the Wiki entry is drama, including a member being "killed by an axe murderer in his flat". R.I.P.

Here is the listing seen in the A-Ha! Cassette I previously posted:

SIDE B:
SHY TALK
3. She Was Always On Time (Not Anymore)
4. Dreaming
5. Excuse Me
6. Still In Love
7. Second Best"









I cannot find much information about the self-titled album, and instead referred to this YouTube channel for what would be two more tracks from the (possibly) 7-Track album (not listed above): "That Is A Friend" and "You’re Everything to Me".




The sound was interestingly 80s synth, and a tinge of "CityPop" (especially for track "You’re Everything to Me"), to be honest! What an interesting find (for me)! And the importance of "archival records", IMHO, or lack thereof. At the end of the day, the music remains, as the memories blur into wwwoblivion...

BUY ON AMAZON:

Comments

Popular Posts