Amy Poehler Introduces Moxie's The Linda Lindas & My Cine-Memories of LINDA LINDA LINDA


Meet The Linda Lindas! The breakout band is featured in the new Netflix original movie "Moxie", directed by and starring Amy Poehler.

Check out more of their music on their own YouTube Channel, and the video below, where you can "Meet The Linda Lindas"...!



Instinctively (because I is old), I am reminded of the 2005 Japanese feature "Linda Linda Linda" ("린다린다린다"), featuring music from PARANMAUM! Here's their title track "Linda Linda" (Full album on YouTube).



POSSIBLY SPOILER SCENE FROM MOVIE (No English Subs):



I've always enjoyed Japanese "ragtag-collection of underdogs triumph thru their situations to achieve their dreams"-films, which includes 2001's WATERBOYS, 2004's SWING GIRLS, 2006's HULA GIRLS, and LINDA LINDA LINDA fits that (and I find myself really wanting to watch this movie now again)... And yes, that is Korean actress "Bae Doona", as the story in the movie sees three Japanese teenagers "recruit(ing) a Korean exchange student to become the singer of their rock band."

Comments

Popular Posts