Songs from The Police - They don’t make songs like these anymore…

I don’t know why I stopped, after being so fanatical about THE POLICE in my teen years … perhaps I was attracted by the glossy “New Romantics”, or the mysterious sounds of “synths”, over the magical reggae rock and woking class glam of the trio … funny though, as I’d remember my “last tune” was “Every Breath You Take” - which I adored, but when Puff Daddy “adopted it”, I lost all sense of pride and sentimental worth for it hahaha … aaahhhh late-youth angst, I suppose…

Decades later, I am grateful for youtube, for me to be able to pull this list (where my “Best Of” CD has since lost amidst the sea of compact discs at home…

Enjoy.


Roxanne. (C) 1978 A&M Records Ltd.


Message In A Bottle. (C) 1979 A&M Records Ltd.


Walking On The Moon. (C) 1979 A&M Records Ltd.


Can't Stand Losing You. (C) 1979 A&M Records Ltd.


So Lonely. (C) 1980 A&M Records Ltd.


De Do Do Do De Da Da Da. (C) 1980 A&M Records Ltd.


Don't Stand So Close To Me. (C) 1980 A&M Records Ltd.

s
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic. (C) 1981 A&M Records Ltd.


Spirits In The Material World. (C) 1981 A&M Records Ltd.


Invisible Sun. (C) 1981 A&M Records Ltd.


Synchronicity II. (C) 1983 A&M Records Ltd.


Wrapped Around Your Finger. (C) 1983 A&M Records Ltd.


King Of Pain. (C) 1983 A&M Records Ltd.


Every Breath You Take (Black and White Version). (C) 1983 A&M Records Ltd.

This post and a hankering for The Police and the sounds of Sting, from this video (seen and heard on Facebook, of Bruno Mars performing “So Lonely / Message in a Bottle”, at the Kennedy Center Honors, circa 2014;


BUY FROM AMAZON!
(*Purchase from these links will help support TOYSREVIL - Thank You!)

Comments

Popular Posts