Round 3 Spoilers for #Queendom2 (Not really but...)



So teams filmed their Round 3 stages for Queendom 2 over the weekend (and will continue thru today / Monday), with performances for both VOCAL and DANCE Units, with each "unit" consisting of all 6 teams and soloists mixed up and forming new "teams/units".




Thanks to Twitter-chatter (based on commentary of live audience in South Korea translated into English, peaking thru my timeline :p), combinations have been "revealed", with UNITS consisting of select members of one team paired up with another (as far as I recognise the names - not all tho - they don't cross-over).

I've decided not to share the names of the teams paired (sorry you came here expecting to find out about that tho ... check out the source linked at bottom of the page, which I cannot authenticate, thanks :p), but instead will mention that Hyolyn will work doubly hard by performing in both Vocal and Dance units OMG.

How those pairing comes about, we will know when the episode airs. Or maybe by the end of Ep5?

ALSO, I doubt if the weekend's recording will be edited in time for the coming Thursday's broadcast (the turnaround time'll be insane tho!), but who knows? Mnet's M.O. thus far is to air 3 stages per episode, while the next 3 will be in the following episode(s), so we'll see if we'll see anything for Round 3 by Thursday, that is NOT "previews" for the "next ep" LOL

THAT said, what I will "SPOIL" are the three tracks said to be been picked to be covered by the VOCAL Unit (Apparently NEW SONGS were used for the DANCE Unit Performances = Exciting!), but neither was any information given if the songs had been rearranged in any way too... or maybe I missed reading that LOL

And all tracks featured below are AUDIO ONLY, as I don't want any visuals to color your impressions of the songs themselves, cheers. Also very "cleverly" (I don't know if that's the initial intention, but), all the songs are not "title tracks" of the artists, unlike the "Cover Song Switch" theme in Round 2, so that's done with, moving on...! LOL

OR the songs were apart of a designated list of songs coverable, as provied for by Mnet/Queendom2 - swhich would make more sense, because "copyright" :p







ABOVE (Audio Only): "Don't Go" by EXO (SM Entertainment) - from their 2013 1st Album 'XOXO'. According to Wiki; "The album is a follow-up to the group's debut EP, Mama (2012). The album was released in two versions – a Korean "Kiss" edition and a Chinese "Hug" edition. Two singles were released from XOXO: "Wolf" and "Growl", the latter being the lead single off the album's repackaged version released on August 5, 2013."







ABOVE (Audio Only): "Hold My Hand" by IU (Kakao Entertainment) that was apart of the "The Greatest Love / My Last Love" OST from 2011.

IU holds a special place in my heart and on this blog, and I will always remember the legendary performance of IU's "Love Poem" by MAYFLY (consisting EunKwang of BtoB, JongHo of Ateez and SeungMin of Stray Kids) for KINGDOM: LEGENDARY WAR (Ep.8), and honestly one of the main draws of watching "Queendom 2" (excluding "LOONA" of course), which I rewatched as I typed these, thinking at that moment "what fkn "competition"?" (*It's just a show gimmick to showcase awesome performances, as far as I am concerned), and at the same time imagine what it would feel like for the artists to be able to accomplish such a performance as part of their idol lives ... :)







ABOVE (Audio Only): "To My Youth" by BOL4/Bolbbalgan4 from their 2017's second mini-album "Red Diary Page.1" (when they were still a "duo" :p). "나의 사춘기에게" was not a title track.

Oh fk this'll be emotional and impactful, IMHO, with who'll be performing this in a duet with another powerful vocalist, and the sheer fact that they'll "be able to look back on their youth", already sends shivers down my chubby body (And I say that with utmost respect to both artists) ... Featured below is the track with translated English lyrics. And maybe I shouldn't have read amd felt the lyrics in the first place ... and now that I've hyped myself up for the performance ~ LOL







Twitter Info Sources:
@urileadrmashiro
@dalsogucci

Comments

Popular Posts