TOP 5 KPOP ALBUMS of TUNESTALKSG for 2021



"2021" wasn't exactly a year of "excess", at the very least not in my life, but the most I had "purchased" for the entirety of the year were "CD albums". Instead of devouring everything I had desired, I had to pick and choose based on my limited resources, and came away with a focused selection, and as well a few misses which I hoped to one day add to my collection. Regardless this is not about "the ones that got away", but instead this is the TOP 5 KPOP ALBUMS of TUNESTALKSG for 2021!

TOP KPOP ALBUM of TUNESTALKSG for 2021 #5: "Not Friends" CD Album with Ryan Jhun (featuring JinSoul, HeeJin, Kim Lip & Yves Versions). This would have been easily interchangeable with LOONA's Japanese debut HULA HOOP/STARSEED, for which I missed the boat when it was available, and has turned out to be an album I'll hopefully be able to snag given time and patience.

Watch the MV HERE, and continued coverage on TUNESTALKSG. Featured below is the Opening & Pageflip for the HEEJIN Version of "Not Friends".



HeeJin Version for "Not Friends"
Kim Lip Version for "Not Friends"
JinSoul Version for "Not Friends"
Yves Version for "Not Friends"


BUY ALL 4 "NOT FRIENDS" ALBUM VERSIONS ON AMAZON:


TOP KPOP ALBUM of TUNESTALKSG for 2021 #4: Truthfully, it was more of LeeHi's "live" performances than her MVs which triggered me to snag her "4Only" album (seen in the time-lapse-unboxing video below), of her wonderful voice and style in singing presentation which helps calm and lulls me at ease, reminding me of a lifetime ago, when jazz and music took ahold of my life, than life itself did.



BUY 4ONLY on U.S.AMAZON:


TOP KPOP ALBUM of TUNESTALKSG for 2021 #3: [&] was my second full comeback with LOONA (after [12:00]), for which I snagged the entire 4 X albums and the KiT album - featuring in my Unboxing compilation video below (CLICK to view them individually), and Full Album Listen HERE.

Truthfully [&] is the least favourite of all my LOONA albums and solos, although that does not mean I did not enjoy the album!

I recognise the girls' voices, but not the discography and soundscape in this particular album, as far removed from what I had loved LOONA for ... also understanding they need to evolve as artists and their repertoire and discography perhaps need to be varied. [&] actually sounds more "American", than "Kpop" as far as my ears are concerned ... But I am here for LOONAAAAAAAA!



BUY [&] ALBUM ON U.S.AMAZON:


TOP KPOP ALBUM of TUNESTALKSG for 2021 #2: IU's "LILAC" ("Bylac" Edition unboxing in below video) was truly a gem of 2021, receiving constant airplay between my earphones for a good amount of time while I blog too! The soundscape was refreshing as it was full and with a musical depth I had not experienced from her earlier albums. The "effortlessness pop" was infectious and soothing at the same side of ever spinning coin. FULL ALBUM LISTEN HERE and all coverage of LILAC on TUNESTALKSG.

LILAC could've easily been the TOP KPOP ALBUM in this list, but for the next awardee being more of a ear worm than IU's... :p



BUY LILAC ON U.S.AMAZON:


TOP KPOP ALBUM of TUNESTALKSG for 2021 #1: This certainly turned out to be a unexpected surprise, with my first album from Red Velvet snagged in October of 2021, and all the tracks in QUEENDOM seriously consistently putting smiles and a groove in me, nearly daily since (no exaggeration). Full Album Listen HERE, while showcased below is my unboxing video, cheers.

The sound, the music, the panache and sass vibrates thru my earphones and sends happy vibes up and down my body, and I find myself eternally in a better mood and feeling positive after each full album listen, so somebody somewhere is doing something right, as far as I am concerned! You have anew fan in me RED VELVET...!



BUY QUEENDOM ON U.S.AMAZON:


And THESE were the albums I'd really wanted but failed to secure... but will endeavour to see if the future'll offer me new opportunities and affordability...!

Naked by BIBI
Next Episode by AKMU
I'm by Kim Se-jeong
Crazy in Love by ITZY
HULA HOOP by LOONA

This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

Popular Posts