Vol.52 - 4 X 4 (TAPES Edition) on #TUNESTALKSG
"4 X 4 on #TUNESTALKSG" is a ongoing serial feature (started in 2025) where I showcased/share 4+ tracks / MVs from 4 Random Albums I have in my eclectic collection ... some might get their own Full Album Listens, most might not ... just ride the memories, cheers.
This is essentially a new "subset" - featuring Cassette Tapes! None of the following are for sale tho, thanks!
From their 1990 album "East of the Sun, West of the Moon", we had their single "Crying In the Rain", and the slightly lesser known 2nd single "I Call Your Name". This 4th studio album marked a different soundscape from a-ha, a harder more "rock-n-roll" versus their 80s' synth-pop vibes. I didn't hate it, but I grew out of them a tad quicker than expected tho, but for Morten Harket's recognisable singing-voice.
BUY FROM AMAZON:
Buy "East of the Sun, West of the Moon" CD
Released in 1986, "The Songs From Long Ago" is a synth-pop album from Singapore musician and musician and composer Dick Lee, featuring covers of classic hits and one original track. Notable songs include "Beautiful Sunday" and the cheerful "Call Me".
"Kaleidoscope World" by the British band Swing Out Sister was released 1989, with this being their 2nd studio album and is dearly loved. You can head on over HERE for a full album listen,. While I share two of my fav tracks: "You On My Mind" and "Where In The World"... aw c'mon, I LOVE ALL THE SONGS!
BUY FROM AMAZON:
Buy "Kaleidoscope World" CD
Buy "Kaleidoscope World" VHS

My first self-recorded mixtape shared here for 4X4, with the titles being my fav selected movie OSTs! Alas the reality is, the actual tape itself (inside this tape cover) is different, and reads "Coco Lee" instead.... LOL
I'll leave y'all with "The Pine Float" from "Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me", as I bone up for (possibly) a proper full album listen somewhen, cheers :)









Comments
Post a Comment