Vol.50 - 4 X 4 (TAPES Edition)
"4 X 4 on #TUNESTALKSG" is a ongoing serial feature (started in 2025) where I showcased/share 4+ tracks / MVs from 4 Random Albums I have in my eclectic collection ... some might get their own Full Album Listens, most might not ... just ride the memories, cheers.
This is essentially a new "subset" - featuring Cassette Tapes! None of the following are for sale tho, thanks!
"The Best of Spandau Ballet" lists 20 tracks from their 1980 to 1989 discography, including my fav alums "True" (1983), "Parade" (1984) and "Through The Barricades" (1986), because well, I essentially grew up with them! And to choose only a couple of tracks is an injustice! But for now, this'll have to do, as we gear up some a full album listen somewhen, cheers :)
"The Art of Falling Apart" is the second full-length album by the English synth-pop duo Soft Cell, released in 1983. I remembered getting this cassette was a challenge, not as much as their earlier album "Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret" had been though, but I managed to snag both albums on original tapes (Ive never seen bootleg versions of these at all tho).
Honestly the tracks were not as "accessible" as "Non-Stop" was, but I enjoyed the theatrics in a twisted melodic nightmares of a waking dream(s). "Kitchen Sink Drama" (above) and "The Art of Falling Apart" (below) being standouts for me ... hell, this definitely NEEDS a "full album listen" somewhen!
BUY FROM AMAZON:
Buy "Art Of Falling Apart" CD
Buy "Art Of Falling Apart" Colour Vinyl
"The Sweetest Illusion" is the 3rd solo studio album by Polish singer-songwriter Basia, released on 28 April 1994 by Epic Records. I had gotten this album on the strength of her first solo album "Time and Tide" (1987), which I absolutely adored, and still do! This album however, would be the last album I've ever followed of Basia's, as I'd lost interest in her soundscape turned somehow "generic to the genre", alas.
Above: "Drunk on Love"
Below: "Third Time Lucky"
I had know about Basia from her performing for Mat Bianco, with 1984's "Whose Side Are You On?", "Get Out of Your Lazy Bed" and "Half a Minute"! And it was thru a magazine (I think) that I'd discovered that, as there was no "internet" back in the day to assist in searches ~ LOL
"Strawberry Switchblade" is the self-titled album from a Scottish pop duo of Rose McDowall and Jill Bryson, formed in Glasgow in 1981. They were the epitome of 80s in my corner of the world, whose "cultural Status" had gone beyond the shores of British New Wave, to "gothic lolita" fashion-stylings seen in Japan, which was an eye-opening scenario for me.
As well their songs appealed to me and continue to be so (Full Album Listen HERE), for which to allow me to present "Since Yesterday" (above) and "Who Knows What Love Is" (below), cheers.









Comments
Post a Comment