"Goodbye" LOONA



Woke up today and missed LOONA.

On one hand I hated the situation with their former agency BBC, but on the other, I'd rather dwell in their discography and hold on desperately to the feeling I had when I listen to their songs - most of which I have downloaded on my laptop from their albums I'd purchased (Yes, I am one off the boycotters of BBC). Realising two things: (1) My preference to their music pre-[#]-era, and (2) Their performance in Queendom2 is something I constantly go back to, even now.

By the time [#] rolled out, I was into LOONA because of the girls, not necessarily because of the music (although I do enjoy them, "Ding Ding Dong" is still one of my absolute favs), and it does not matter if LOONA lost out in "1st place" in Queendom2, as they'll forever be "No.1" in my books.



I read a remark on X this morning, that another group I current stan was "made of rejects of survival talent shows", which yes, pissed me off sumthin'fierce, but am also thankful for, because they became apart of a group I now support and stan! Not because they are "perfect" (performers), but they have shown improvement (in both performance and personality and that is all I ask for), in this para-social stanning-situation, IMHO. If I didn't want to "grow" with the girls, I would've just kept to their albums and watch their MVs, forever frozen in that moment.

Same can be said of LOONA, for me. Of watching the girls grow and mature, in their LOONA TV, and antics on variety shows, and seeing how they've turned out today, is a cherished memory and joy.

I look at Chuu and my heart breaks at the effort she has had to go through all the while, to the consummate performer and personality she has blossomed into, and grown to be today.

I try not to "read between the lines", or even attempt to over analyse their actions and words, and take a basic surface level enjoyment to their KPOP-lives, having learnt the "hard way" with LOONA and the ultimate heartbreak of their situation with BBC, and them coming out and up in their own groups and solos.

That said, without over indulging in my emotions, I have decided to remove the blog-menu for LOONA, and instead post them here below , having decided to "let them go" from blog-menu-captivity (and instead post links to tripleS muahahahaha), and let LOONA remain in my cherished music-memories instead, cheers.

WHO IS LOONA:
이달의 소녀 LOOΠΔ is HeeJin / HyunJin / HaSeul / YeoJin / ViVi / Kim Lip / JinSoul / Choerry / Yves / Chuu / Go Won / Olivia Hye

LOOΠΔ SUB-UNITS : LOONA 1/3 / Odd Eye Circle / yyxy

SUB-UNIT+LOONA ALBUMS:












"BONUS": I was actually flipping thru my LOONA-photocard album the other day, and wondered out loud (to myself :p) how the heck I would be collecting KPOP-photocards at all, much less letting a album for it...! EWhat have you madse me do, LOONA? Thank You! LOL

Comments

Popular Posts