BABYMONSTER AKA BAEMON from YG Entertainment



I like my "KPOP", but I am not plugged in into the scene to know beyond my faves and my listens, to know what's hyped-up, or "good". At least beyond recommends on YouTube, and my main source is my upkeep of "KPOP NOW" compilation posts of newest KPOP, which functions beyond bringing "hype" and non-existent awareness to this blog (hurhur), but as well a form of active "discovery" for me.

UPDATED: FULL MV HAS DFOPPED!



The existence of BABY MONSTER (aka "BAREMON") was borne out of "hype", for me. And I recognise the long game played as well, from their earlier audition to training videos for their predebut on their dedicated YouTube channel, to folks latching unto their talents displayed, and no doubt hyped up as the "next" big thing girl group to debut out of YG Entertainment in 7 years since the massive success that is Blackpink. And on the brink of their "November 27th" debut of their first digital single, this blogpost was borne, to help ride that hype.





The conversation of their age(s), is a very legitimate one, I feel. The youngest is currently 14 years old (Chiquita), and she is seen dressed up exceeding more mature, as compared to say, YeoJin from LOONA when she debuted with "Kiss Later", so that frame of reference is recognisable for me. You can say "different people, different looks", and I say "Too-may-toe" versus "Too-mah-toe", cheers.

And I am not naive to exclaim "let it be all about music instead", but ... on TUNESTALK tho, "let it be about music," because I too want to remain "sane" in my enjoyment of lisening to KPOP, fhanks.



Featured here today are teasers concept videos and stills, leading up to the single drop, which I will add to this post when it happens, cheers.



WHO-ARE: BabyMonster, also known as Baemon, is an upcoming South Korean girl group formed by YG Entertainment. In anticipation of their digital single "Batter Up" to debut on November 27, 2023 (0AM KST), a series of official video and image reveals of the six members showcases Japanese Ruka (21 y/o), Thai Pharita (18 y/o), Japanese Asa (17 y/o), Korean Haram Rami (16 y/o), Korean Rora (15 y/o), and Thai Chiquita (14 y/o). The 7th member Ahyeon has been reported to not debut alongside the group at this time (due to "health reasons").

I would not be at all surprised if she turns up, at least in the MV...? People might have forgotten that a "7th member" was added to the line-up, when it was previously annpunced the line-up would include "6 members"...? Love me sum KPOP-conspiracies" tho ~ LOL













Official YouTube
Official Instagram
Official Facebook
Official Twitter
Official TikTok
Official Weibo
Official bilibili





BONUS: What was billed as their "Pre-Debut Song";

Comments

Popular Posts