I figured out what "90s music" means to me...

(The following were first tweeted-n-typed circa November 2022, now combined with another prepared post into one singular ramble, thank you for indulging in my music memories, cheers)

Current day Kpop no longer holds the once exhilarating appeal to me these days, primarily because of what is happening to my fav gg, which taints the enjoyment and experience, to be honest ... while 80's music will always remain close to my sentimental heart, reminding me of wondrous feeling & memories of the musicjoy (not of school days, no it does not) ... while 90s Music reminds me of when I was working my a$$ off, especially the mid-90s when I designed sets (for television broadcast) thru the night while MTV played non-stop in the studio (plus HBO), which is happening right now with MTV 90s playing as I type into my lappie and into the wwworld :)



And with excavating these stamp-cards from now defunct TOWER Records and HMV in Singapore, reminds me of how much I took these locals for granted, and how much I missed them. The freedom to indulge in free listens (many a CD albums and musicians were discovered this way and became apart of my Soundtrack To Life), and simply to walk through being surrounded by music and movies (I was a fixture at the DVD zone at HMV Heeren back in the day too :p) kept me both calm and excited! I do not have any memories of being with friends at these stores, but I reality, I would've lingered there as long as I'd wanted to, without the "need" tp leave because someone else was "waiting for me"... yes, I was selfish and self-absorbed.

As mentioned earlier, the 90s were me doing head first into and prioritising "work" (to the determent of faded-friends and relationships, alas), and these aforementioned record shops were my escape and getaway, along with my cherished comicbook shops, in my geek-life which lingered in my heart until this day, in this blog-entry...



These days no longer exist, simply because these stores no longer exist, nor a parallel locale. And it has been my fondest wish to one day walk thru Tower Records in Japan, to pick-up and purchase Anime Film OSTs, rather than buy them online. At least that's one bucket-list item to do in Japan if ever one day I visit...! Meanwhile, here are past videos found on YT to share, cheers.





Comments

Popular Posts