MIXTAPE by EightyEight + TOYSREVIL



In tandem with my feature of his splendid DOODLE BOOMBOX hand-painted limited edition resin collectible, I'd reached out to creator @8.eighty_eight.8 to ask for his playlist AKA a fictional "Side A" to the mixtape for his boombox! And this was what he shared:

1. Dr.Dre - The Next Episode
2. Ice Cube - You Know How We Do It
3. Eminem - Without Me
4. Dr.Dre ft. Snoop Dogg - Still D.R.E
5. Deep Cover - Snoop Dogg & Dr.Dre
6. Dr.Dre - Nutin' But "G" Thang



EXPLICIT LYRICS AHEAD







"Hip-hop is good now, but the rhythm and feeling of this period are better. Of course, it's so nice to hear it now. I collected similar music from the list of music I was listening to until recently haha" ~ @8.eighty_eight.8


And of course I'd like to share in the fun, so this is my "Side B" selection (to somewhat match his genre, but of my own flavour and faves in hiphop and breakdance):

1. Apache (Jump On It) by The Sugarhill Gang
2. I Feel for You by Chaka Khan
3. Rockit by Herbie Hancock
4. It's Tricky by RUN DMC
5. Push It by Salt-N-Pepa
6. Kraftwerk - Tour De France (Francois Kevorkian Mix)








The above heard track "Tour De France (Francois Kevorkian Mix)" by Kraftwerk was used in the 1984 feature film "Breakin'", heard in the below featured "Turbo Broom Dance" scene... and when I heard this track in the cinema? "THIS" was what turned my life around then LOL



"Hidden Track":

Comments

Popular Posts