"The First of a Million Kisses" by Fairground Attraction (Full Album Listen)



WHAT-IS: "Fairground Attraction were a London based folk and soft rock band. They are notable for the 1988 hit songs "Perfect" and "Find My Love", both taken from the group's multi-platinum selling debut album, The First of a Million Kisses. The band won two Brit Awards in 1989, but split the following year. Lead vocalist Eddi Reader subsequently launched a solo career.". (Wiki) "The First of a Million Kisses is the debut album by Fairground Attraction, released in 1988. The album features the number-one single "Perfect"."



And while I adored the album back in the day, I reckon I was clued to this band instead in the early to mid-90s, with "Perfect" nestled between early "grunge", possibly from a CD-shop album listen (bless Tower Records and HMVs for converting me to way too many albums and bands to acknowledge), and hereby standing out from the pack then ... and even now, as I listen to select songs for this Full Album Listen, I'd appreciate the soundscape moreso these days than before, to be honest. I guess "Folk" is a perfect description, but it is not the full measure of the jazzybluesy atmosphere the embraces me, and that voce that enthralls me still ... Hope you'll ENJOY these as much as I do now :)

Track list:
"A Smile in a Whisper"
"Perfect"
"Moon on the Rain"
"Find My Love"
"Fairground Attraction"
"The Wind Knows My Name"
"Clare"
"Comedy Waltz"
"The Moon Is Mine"
"Station Street"
"Whispers"
"Allelujah"





























BUY ON U.S.AMAZON:

Comments

Popular Posts