Swing Out Sister "The Breakout" Concert Singapore (2009)



And while I'd previous posted images on my personal Facebook, I've never shared images for SWING OUT SISTER's "The Breakout Concert" in Singapore, circa December 16th, 2009! Seen here are select images for, along with text I'd reposted from my blog-feature from way back!



Swing Out Sister was especially memorable as I'd discover them at the tail-end of the 80s, when synth-pop had gone saccharine-commercial, and the musical-mystique of androgyny wore off it's caked-facade (having dredged itself thin thru the late-70s), then all of a sudden BREAKOUT appeared out of nowhere, and the old-world glamour of blarring horns and catwalk struts was surprisingly refreshed! No doubt with crispness heightened by the advent of Compact Discs (in my personal life lol) ~ I devoured both their "It's Better To Travel" and "Kaleidoscope World" albums and their tracks with wanton aplomb.



Ironically, the musical-freedom and quasi-rebirth I had experienced then, was experienced alone (but for my siblings ~ I attended the concert with my sister, in fact!) with zero exceptions with friends and collegues, who were by then captivated with American-pop-rock (Hard Rock Cafe table-top-dancing anyone? hahaha) and crooners of the singer-songwriter-ilk, desperately reeling from the "Pretty Woman" soundtrack, which admittedly, help guide us boys thru the rigors of military service in the army circa 89-90-ish LOL



Near two decades later, my musical journey had suddenly come full-circle, with the live concert in Singapore (on December 16th 2009), the feeling now likened to when I first stepped out into the working world, wet behind the ears, ready to take on the world with SOS egging me on in the background. Wonderous.

"You On My Mind" Live In Singapore


"BREAKOUT" Live in Singapore



BUY ON U.S.AMAZON:

Comments

Popular Posts