ARMY OF ME by Björk



"ARMY OF ME" was released in 1995 by One Little Independent Records (formerly One Little Indian Records), as the lead single from the Icelandic musician's album "Post", and also heard on the OST for "TANK GIRL" feature film.

"Lyrically, the industrial rock song was inspired by the damaging behavior of Björk's brother, and in the lyrics she tells him to stand up and to regain control of his life." (Source). In 2005, Björk released a charity benefit compilation (for UNICEF) entitled "Army of Me: Remixes and Covers" (Source), which featured a series of covers and remixes by artists from all over the world - which I have yet to hear, but maybe one day I'll do a full album listen for that



ABOVE: Official Video for "ARMY OF ME" by Björk, directed by Michel Gondry.

The track is one of the more memorable tracks from Björk - at least for me - which when I heard got again on Zack Snyder's SUCKER PUNCH, sent thrills down my spine, especially since it was the first big screen movie I had watched (alone) after my recovery from Stroke (in late 2010) - It felt like an anthem call shouted directly to me, to push forward the shit and live on - so yeah, "hella memorable", to say the least LOL

This track popped into my mnd this morning, as I'd felt I needed a "push" again, these days.

Producer: Björk
Producer: Graham Massey
Producer: Nellee Hooper
Studio Personnel, Mixer: Mark 'Spike' Stent
Composer Lyricist: Graham Massey
Composer Lyricist: Björk

















Comments

Popular Posts