"Neo Geo" by Ryuichi Sakamoto (Not-Nearly-Full Album Listen)

Neo Geo by Ryuichi Sakamoto (Not-Nearly-Full Album Listen) 1


WHAT-IS: "Neo Geo is a 1987 album by Ryuichi Sakamoto. The term "neo geo", or "new world", is derived from Sakamoto himself as a way to describe worldwide musical diversity in regard to genre (similar to world music and world beat)." (Wiki)

Neo Geo by Ryuichi Sakamoto (Not-Nearly-Full Album Listen) 3
Neo Geo by Ryuichi Sakamoto (Not-Nearly-Full Album Listen) 2


Of the 8 tracks listed, I've only managed to find 5 of the tracks on YouTube, and will attempt too update this post if ever I come across them, cheers.

TRACK LISTING: 1. "Before Long" (1:20)
2. "Neo Geo" (5:08)
3. "Risky" (Iggy Pop – vocals / 5:26)
4. "Free Trading" (5:28)
5. "Shogunade" (4:32)
6. "Parata" (4:21)
7. "Okinawa Song – Chin Nuku Juushii" (5:19)
8. "After All"

Neo Geo by Ryuichi Sakamoto (Not-Nearly-Full Album Listen) 4


This was not my first "Ryuichi Sakamoto", and frankly I've since forgotten which was my "first", but continue to devour whatever album I could and can find. From his work on YMO, to feature film and even anime soundtracks, I cannot get enough of him. His soundscapes bring me into another realm of past regrets, and dance in a joy of angst disguised.









MISSING: "Free Trading"



MISSING: "Parata"



MISSING: "After All"


BUY ON AMAZON:

Comments

Popular Posts