ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN



I adore ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN, but also realize my appreciation of them were essentially thru their (hit) singles released I'd heard on radio (back in the day) and thru compilation albums, and now via YouTube (which I can in turn embed below and feed the blog :p), but is apparently far from the music doc featured here (below) from Trash Theory (YT Channel / Patreon), with a very vague memory of owning the "Ocean Rain" album (I need to find that cassette to remind myself I'm not going bonkers here, cheers), - essentially giving credence to "select memory retention" :p



With that, how you'll enjoy the doc (I certainly did, and always appreciate the education), and the select tracks featured below (stopped short of "People Are Strange" because that's when I stopped listening to them, which comprises my Sountrack To Life - specifically of the (what I called) jinglejangle soundscapes of the 80s, that none too ironically gained my attention in the later-part of 80s and early-90s, after my obsession with the synth-glam of British New Wave gave into The Cure, The Smiths et al - featuring the jangles of electronic guitars.

"The Cutter" (1983 / from their "Porcupine" album)



"Seven Seas" (1984 / from the album 'Ocean Rain')



"The Killing Moon" (1984 / from the album 'Ocean Rain')



"Lips Like Sugar" (1987 / from the album 'Echo & The Bunnymen')



"Bring On The Dancing Horses" (1985 / from the compilation album 'Songs To Learn & Sing')



"People Are Strange" (1987 / Cover of The Doors for "The Lost Boys" OST)



BUY ON AMAZON:

Comments

Popular Posts