Everything But The Girl (Music Evolution from 1995)



Found a recent stack of Everything But The Girl CD singles, with none of these belonging to my own collection, and more likely were left behind by my younger brother as he moved.



What I do own instead are pre-1995 "Walking Wounded" releases - which included "Idlewild" (1988), "Acoustic" (1992), "Amplified Heart" (1994) - Yes, that era :p (*Which no doubt I will do a separate blogpost reminiscing about these songs, including "Come On Home") ... and having to witness and experience their musical direction change, was both fascinating, and baffling. Grasping at what I had "enjoyed before", but not allowing the artists' freedom of expression, reminded me of how "self-serving' I had been, and in some ways, remain to be so ... The notion of "music evolution" has been on my mind since the release of LOONA's [&], and this was a reminder of that, actually.

Featured below are a selection of EBTG tracks, which featured remixed and dance elements, that captured my attention as much as when their earlier breezy songs, actually, and at the end of the day, I've always admired their music-evolution and choice of evolving their sound(s)/music.

Unfortunately, Tracey Thorn and Ben Watt of EBTG has since stopped performing publicly circa 2000.

Music Online
ebtg.com
facebook.com/everythingbutthegirlofficial
twitter.com/ebtg


















BONUS: Performing Massive Attack's "PROTECTION"
(Yes, that was Tracy Thorn's voice, if you didn't already know, cheers)




BUY/LISTEN ON AMAZON:

Comments

Popular Posts