"I'm Your Girl" by S.E.S (MV & Stage Performance), and 90s Kpop in My Life



This would more likely be the song that got me into South Korean girl group S.E.S back in the late 90s, with "I'm Your Girl" from 1997, and somehow led me to owning three of their albums - not all transitioned well with me to the now tho... :p



Members include include Sea, Eugene and Shoo - which no doubt made up "S.E.S." - with them signed under SM Town Entertainment., same as BoA, which probably was one of the reasons I could have access to their albums back in the day, no doubt thanks too to listening booths at the now defunct Tower Records (Pacific Plaza ... f88k but I miss Tower, OMFG) too, even though I could not understand - and still don't - understand a lick of the Korean language (KDramas-phrases do not count lah lol).

And as a young-working-adult-with-a-salary plus a voracious appetite for MUSIC then - regardless of language - I could readily browse, and purchase what appealed to me sonically, and as well "availability" made it all a more convenient and easier option, compared to the now, in Singapore stores. And it is only very recently when I'd decided to purchase CD albums online (Thanks to LOONA), where in the past I;d never downloaded any songs off the internet, at all. Color me, "old skool", with a need for tangible things in my hoarding-hands LOL

Before I dig into the discography of the albums I own, I'll leave you folks with a "live" studio performance of "I'm your girl" by S.E.S, at EP123 of MBC TV, dated 1998/01/10 .. and seeing Eugene on PENTHOUSE still makes melts me lor ... *blush*



BUY ON AMAZON:

Comments

Popular Posts