TWICE: Seize the Light


"TWICE: Seize the Light" is a 9 X Episode YouTube Originals documentary series (each approx. 15+ minutes long) featuring the nine members of South Korean girl group "TWICE" from JYP, with interviews with their teachers and JY Park himself.

The documentary series is framed by their TWICE WORLD TOUR 2019 'TWICELIGHTS', with the series premiering April 29th, 2020, on their official youtube channel











I first happened to listen to TWICE right after delving into the Kpop-scene first with BLACKPINK, and remember vaguely my first MV from them being OOH-AHH, and subsequently enjoying LIKEY (obviously I was not necessarily listening in chronological order) and had always considered them to be quintessential "Kpop" of the "current generation", representative of manufactured girl group pop of the wholesome variety (compared to the overtly sexualised - OMG I sound like a "prude" lol :p), with addictive bops, generally assumed to be the "products" of reality tv survival programs, and no doubt unfairly labelled them as such through the years.

And the more folks liked them (*Not that I was plugged in to any communities in both my offline and online life - still not, actually), the less I felt I needed to invest my time and attention to, admittedly so, ever taking for granted that they "will be here", whenever I choose to return to and listen to them (if you get what I mean). But to be honest, I doubt I am their (or anyone else' ffs LOL) demographic, but I'll not doubt their talent or hardwork :)

And without any particular preference, I had typed the last sentence of the above para while watching/listening to 2018's "YES OR YES":

Comments

Popular Posts