MINDTRAVEL by BIRD バード (2000)



I am plagued by empty CD jewel cases in my collection, without a doubt due to my own habit of not being able to return CDs to said cases, or having them in a CD-sleeve/album (I will show video proof of that soon :p) ... and I have had an empty case for BIRD's MINDTRAVEL album for years!



I do not remember HOW I got to know of her and her amazing voice and songs (more likely a album listen in Tower Records swayed me), but I have tried to collect her albums since, before the CD MUSIC retail scene in Singapore essentially disappeared, leaving sprinkled pockets of modern day tunes (Irony being some of the Kpop bands I do follow are near-impossible to find on shelves here), and am thankful youtube has provided slices of songs to sate my needs through these years ... This album is without a doubt easily within the TOP 20-list of my own personal SOUNDTRACK OF MY LIFE.

Featured here in this blogpost today are songs from her 2000 album "MINDTRAVEL" in various YT-videos, for which I am sharing now because I'd found the CD-album over the weekend (YAY!) and am gagging to share these online, but for "copyright", so this'l have to do ... ENJOY!

TRACK LIST:
マインドトラベル(6:45)
マーメイド3000(6:22)
daydream(1:02)
オアシス(Album Version)(6:35)
4 PM(6:15)
これが私の優しさです(4:48)
CLAY(6:20)
二人の夜明け(5:35)
GAME(Album Version)(7:50)
late summer breeze(1:30)
9月の想い(6:11)
桜(4:44)

マインドトラベル(Music Video):

LIVE in 2018:

4 PM(Audio Only):

二人の夜明け(Audio Only):

GAME (MV):

GAME (Live performance):

9月の想い((Audio Only, from her 2000 Live tour):

桜(4:44):


Another aspect of the album release, was the subsequent "bird tour2000+1 live!", which I own a VCD of, which alas cannot be played on my tech these days (*WAILS*)... The concert showcases a fantastic performance by both the singer AND THE BAND OMG ... here is an example of them performing "GAME";



"Bird" バード (born December 9, 1975 as Yuki Kitayama (北山有紀)), is a Japanese singer, and you can find out more about her on Wikipedia, and on Japanese Wikipedia. She is still making music now, although I no longer "follow" her music as much as before... Her socials:

www.bird-watch.net
instagram.com/birdwatchnet
twitter.com/birdwatchnet
facebook.com/birdwatchnet


BUY ON AMAZON:

Comments

Popular Posts