"Messengers' Rhyme ~Rakushow, it's your show!" by Toshinobu Kubota


I've been jonesing for a while now to rewatch MESSENGERS (メッセンジャー), with this 1999 Japanese feature one of my favourites during that era (in fact the 90s are a HUGE part of my celluloid-journey), with stifled regret of NOT getting the DVD when I had the chance, and now with shops closed around Singapore, I only have a unplayable VCD in memory of (I have yet to attempt to purchase this online) ... THAT SAID, the film as well introduced me to the songs of R&B/Soul singer/performer Toshinobu Kubota, whom I realised I adored "La La La Love Song" = the theme song for 1996's "Long Vacation" Japanese tv series!



"Luckily" I managed to snag some of his CD albums thru the years, ironically having the discs go "missing" = a bad habit I had of putting discs into sleeved albums and away from what are now empty CD jewel cases... Thank goodness for "youtube", innit?



Featured here is "Messengers' Rhyme ~Rakushow, it's your show!" (Above is the short version, below is Audio Only) heard at the end credit sequence of the feature film, which I remembered (re)playing constantly back in the day on the VCD LOL

Comments

Popular Posts