Trailer for Episode 10 of #QUEENDOM2



Trailer for Episode 10 of QUEENDOM2 has dropped, in anticipation of the June 2nd airing/streaming (at 9:20PM KST) on Mnet YouTube channel (Non-VOD/"Video on Demand", subject to regional view), with a whopping 3 hours' worth (will add/EMBED Tweet info if I find it again, cheers).

This episode'll showcase all the teams+soloist (Hyolyn, Brave Girls, VIVIZ, WJSN, Kep1er and LOONA) and their Digital Single, leading to the teams/soloist to be crowned QUEEN(S) OF QUEENDOM2 with a COMEBACK Live Stage...!



This will be the FINAL EPISODE of the South Korean talent/entertainment survival show that has gripped a better part of my waking life, so there'll be a bittersweet memories and experiences attached to it (saying this ahead of time, regardless of the "result", which'll form part of the "memories" as well).

One aspect of this coming Thursday's airing has me on edge: being able to actually watch it "live".

Mnet's live stream is not watchable in my geographic region, as no doubt due to the deal with tvNAsia broadcasting the shows a literal 3 days later on Sundays - something I'd earlier on thought I could "make do with", engaging in a "delayed telecast", with crisp clear visuals, on a bigger (plasma) screen to boot! But realized soon (as I'd watched and recapped the first couple pf episodes), that the feeling was much different than I thought/expected it to be.

On one hand it's not the matter of "needing" to catch it, for the sole purpose of being able to engage with fellow fans about it (I am still uncomfortable calling myself a "Orbit", for a variety of reasons), because I simply don't engage with anyone else! If I am a "Orbit" star, than I am that bloke hovering beyond the outer rims, looking into a vibrant community LOL

I did try and joined a Discord once, and bathed in the welcomes too, but...

And it's not the matter of FOMO, as I technically engage in that every single day on my main blog - "who discovered what and blogs what first" - at least that was in the earlier days of bloggery, but now mellowed much more (maybe that's why folks don't come to my blog anymore :/). I wanted to be able to hold on to that passion for KPOP and LOONA, even if it meant standing by myself in a corner of the www, waving a lightstick I do not own.

Realising all this sounds "pathetically tragic" even as I read what I typed, but still is something that'll be pushed thru and needing to be conquered, even after QUEENDOM 2 has ended, as I had when I read comicbooks as a teen not wanting to be labeled as a "geek" (NOW it's cool and all, but back in the 80s? Not so much, thanks), collected toys amidst judgemental adults - all of which I've navigated through my entire life so far, by finding the right community for my passions, so I can engage in it freely and not need to feel "alone".

Also realising my experiences thus far would closely parallel that of going thru a "comeback". Having experiences two full LOONA comebacks (with [12:00] and [&] - WITHOUT and WITH HaSeul), it was to be present (or close to present) when the teaser images and moving visuals dropped ... It was there to watch the MV when it was released ... it was partaking in a common shared experience at (nearly) the same time as fellow fans and orbits, that made an experience for me personally.

And it was a different experience when I was buying comicbooks and designer toys for myself, Sure I was happyAF, but they were singular activities. But buying them at a comic and/or toy convention? Alongside other fellow likeminded folks? Being able to buy direct from the creators themselves? That made it so much sweeter than a one-sided monetary transaction ever could, at least for me :)

Having said all of that, the current top most "fear" that has gripped me instead, is being able to watch the upcoming Episode 10, consistently. I've freaked out at mirrored streams being pulled right in the middle of streaming before (not a good feeling), and have constantly been wary of streams (not a fkn good feeling at all) each episode as I watch it. Understandably "copyright" is an issue, and at the same time it's a "stream" and not a "recording", but hey, I know I am choosing to be "self-indulgent" instead of "following the rules", but when I was recently slapped with a Copyright-claim when all I did was RETWEET a video (the originator of the Tweet was not affected, I checked), all that gets chucked out the window of a bullet train LOL

I'm still on the edge though, as nothing is set in stone (unless someone somewhere says otherwise) .... Unless Mnet does everyone a solid, and literally embraces their "Global"-tag for QUEENDOM2, and open up streaming to EVERYWHERE for the final episode!

Crossing fingers and toes in my darkened corner of the www, wishing I had the courage to throw this out there in the wwwild much earlier, so we could all petition for it long before the 2 days now leading to D-Day for broadcast... :p

AS IF that would make Mnet budge...! But at least it would've been a fun promotion to unite ALL the fandoms out there, instead of the unfortunate ugliness that i get constantly recommended by Twitter on my timeline ~ LOL

Comments

Popular Posts