So I finally Watched #QUEENDOM2 Episode 1 Again .... TWICE

Before the Sunday 6pm airing of Episode 1 of Queendom2 (on tvN), I'd jumped the gun and watched it first on VIU.com (free to watch, with timed advertisements), and finally had the chance to watch the show in full (twice), versus my previous "RECAP" post (based off Twitter Crumbs and uploaded YouTube videos).

What I watched was as fulfilling as I'd expected to be, with a few sequences and scenes achieving clarity. One "major" difference between both broadcasts, was the English subtitles. Not knowing the South Korean language, I cannot authenticate which was correct or otherwise misinterpreted. One example being when EXY recollected her time partnering up with Hyolyn for Unpretty Rapstar, when she was given a nickname:

Version One: "Hyolyn Freebie"

Version Two: "Hyolyn plus one"

And the 3rd version (seen in clip below) read: "Freeloader"

All versions were heartbreaking to hear/read regardless, but I am curious which was more "accurate".



The comment and impression of Hyolyn's perfume broke me too. In lieu of "Evil Edits" which had everyone worried about, coming into this production (which will not go away lol), I have a feeloing we'd be going a more emotional, of not "dramatical" route (the previews have been relentless :p).

Regardless, watching the show in it's entirety (I'd felt there were very subtle edits but cannot remember for sure, and do not intend to go back to rewatch... maybe).



The version which I/we watched on YT for the Episode 0 / Exclusive Preview" further went slight editing, to reach the final versions we see in Ep1. My production mind could not stop me from wondering which sequences came first: CHOOSING the schedule first? Or RECORDING the stage performance first? I could not NOT wonder constantly, due to the words and language translated, which in essence I could just go with the flow and enjoy what is presented in front of me on screen anyways, innit?

Trailer is up for EPISODE TWO (see below/ I NEED the English subs), scheduled for 7th April at 9:20 KST...!



Before Episode 2 airs the following Sunday (April 10th) on tvN Asia, there'll be repeat airings via the following days+times (All info via tvwish.com):

THURSDAY APRIL 7, 2022
QUEENDOM 2 Episode 1 (Rerun)
From 10:30pm...

FRIDAY APRIL 8, 2022
QUEENDOM 2 Episode 1 (Rerun)
4:25am - 6:00am

SATURDAY APRIL 9,2022
QUEENDOM 2 Episode 1 (Rerun)
12:00am - 1:35am
7:50am - 9:25am

SUNDAY APRIL 10, 2022
QUEENDOM 2 Episode 2 (6pm-7:30pm)

Comments

Popular Posts