Recapping #QUEENDOM2 Episode 3





Watching Episode 3 of QUEENDOM 2 was a harrowing ordeal. Both Twitch streams were affected, and while I was able to somewhat complete the show relay-style (just before they were pulled), I'd missed out on WJSN's entire performance during the lapse, but thankfully in time to devour LOONA's stage! SO PROUD OF THEM!



Here is a quick recap of what went down in EPISODE THREE, with a heavy focus on LOONA, please understand,, and I'll ty my best to spread the lurve, based on what clips I can find online, cheers.





First a recap from Episode Two: As the Winner for Round 1, HYOLYN was given the first choice, and she chose LOONA to switch songs with.
WJSN was the first runner up, and they choose VIVIZ.
KEP1ER was automatically paired with BRAVE GIRLS.

In this Episode, we saw ROUND 2 Stage Performances from WJSN, LOONA and BRAVE GIRLS (ala the Cue Sheet set by Hyolyn - which we were shown the sequence of in this Episode), while we had a glimpse of what NEXT WEEK will bring us: Performances by VIVIZ, KEP1ER and finally HYOLYN (who switched / paired with LOONA) ending off the round. The THEME for Round 2 is "Cover Song Switch", where each team/soloist is paired with another, so they'll have to cover each other's songs.



I remember when this episode started, I was gleefully screen grabbing images of the STAGE, in anticipation of what I hoped to do, following up my previous Stage Sketch Videos (*New things discovered!!!!) ... but recognised I WANTED and NEEDED to just enjoy the show first, and get back to screen grabbing later (when I rewatch it on VIU - for better resolution), but I still could'nt resist LOL









There was a light-heartedly element to the show this episode, where each team where given a "challenge" where they had a choice of reviewing their opponent's SONG CHOICE, WARDROBE, PROPS, DANCE CHOREO, and a 5th "Restorative Choice" (I still don't get it tho :p).

Each choice came with its own challenges, which the girls had to go thru, and not all of them succeeded too.





LOONA did a song guessing game, and the chaos was what we're familiar with, including Kim Lip getting all serious and shouting angrily LOL







Prior to the performance stages, we were given insight into each teams' song choice and preparations.



Starting with WJSN, which I did manage to catch a chunk of their behind-the-scenes segment preparing for their performance of GFRIEND's "NAVILLERA" (but missed the above featured scene with MONSTA X tho / need me Eng Subs too), but missed the entire performance itself (the silent panic I went thru having managed to reconnect to see the literal ENDING of FFS). Meanwhile, their stage has since gone "live" for your viewing considerations on Mnet, which I am also watching here for the first time...!












LOONA were interviewed in their BlockBerry Creative Practise Studio, and we were shown them interacting with Hyolyn on phone, then visiting her in person in her BRIDGE studios.







LOONA sat down with Hyolyn and shared their concerns, and speaking to the camera, were what I felt was one of the heavier parts of this episode. We've expected LOONA's situation back in the day, during their hiatus, and oft speculate online, but have not heard they speak directly about that period, until now. "Heartbreaking" to Orbits and fans.

One of the surprising aspects of their segment, was the revelation that Yves AKA "Director Ha" (Ha Soo-young 하수영) and HeeJin AKA "Team Leader Jeon" (Jeon Hee-jin 전희진) choreographed and designed their performance...!




Personally, I was just happy to see LOONA engage with watching other teams' performance, having been non-existent earlier Round 1 performances. It's not just "stage performances" viewers are watching, but also the chance to know more about the members of the teams, IMHO.



And of course seeing the other participating teams reacting to LOONA - which admittedly interested me a lot more than I expected to be! As much as I am alone in my enjoyment of KPOP and LOONA (save for a fab few souls who RT my tweets), so too we/I should not be dwelling in a void by myself, and seeing LOONA being accepted and assessed by their peers, was so satisfying to witness, IMHO.




This is LOONA's performance for Round 2, covering Hyolyn/Sistar's "SHAKE IT" in a broadway/musical style! I'll be dong another blogpost specifically dedicated to the performance soon, cheers. Meanwhile, click on video to LIKE on YouTube, and stream this video before tracking ends Monday April 18th at 11:59pm KST - with total tracking counted towards their assessments and positions in this round/Round 2!



UPDATED: Performance Stage with Reactions from Teams (Tahi subtitles tho >:p):









Based on the performance cue sheet set by Hyolyn, the third team are BRAVE GIRLS - whom were paired with Kep1er (by default in Ep 2), and chose to adopt their track "MVSK", seen in a performance which blended "magic", story, powerful live singing, an a triumph over their COVID-19 infection (which affected their voices)! I am glad they've figured out what their strengths and skills are, in addition to analysing what the audience might be looking for.

















One very interesting aspect of Round 2, were "special guests" sat in the audience, which comprised members other KPOP groups whom were participants of the first season of QUEENDOM, KINGDOM and ROAD TO KINGDOM (*gasp*), including (G)I-DLE (Minnie, Mi-Yeon and YuQi), AOA, THE BOYZ, AOA, PENTAGON, ONEUS, TO1!





Is it just me, or is the manufactured "Mnet-styled drama" dialled down in this episode? Sure, we are shown the negatives, before triumphing thru with solid performances (from all three teams this ep), then heading into the end preview for Ep4, complete with tears and a suspended Hyolyn about to break into a LOONA-track...!




I admit now I'd been getting increasingly obsessed with QUEENDOM 2 and LOONA on QUEENDOM 2, that it is quite literally affecting my main bloggery work...!

Comments

Popular Posts