YAZOO: Nobody's Diary & The Other Side of Love


English synth-pop duo YAZOO had released two albums before they split up, with 1982's "Upstairs at Eric's" (*Which I just featured), and 1982's "You And Me Both" - which spawned the only hit single I know of from the album "Nobody's Diary" - for which I am showcasing here today, and as well included "The Other Side of Love" - which was a stnadalone/"stopgap" single released November 1982, prior to their second album release. And herein lies my fond memories of YAZOO.



Bloody "happy synth-pop", innit? LOVED IT!

Very early "Depeche Mode" (which I adore), and hardly a surprise as Vince Clarke was apart of DM in their "Speak & Spell" era ("Dreaming of Me", "New Life", and "Just Can't Get Enough").

Following Yazoo's split, Vince Clarke formed "The Assembly" with Eric Radcliffe, which produced "Never Never" with Feargal Sharkey, and subsequently partnering up with Andy Bell to form "Erasure" (Which I'll feature in a later blogpost).

Alison Moyet too had a successful and memorable solo career (Which I'll feature in a later blogpost).

BUY ON AMAZON:

Comments

Popular Posts