Top Ten Favourite David Bowie Songs (2021)


"January 10th" was the anniversary of David Bowie's passing (where I marked the day in 2016 with a doodle and a list of my fav Bowie tracks), and had prepared THIS list for some time now (initially non-connected), but now felt like a perfect time to finish up and publish, my TOP TEN FAVOURITE DAVID BOWIE TRACKS (List in 2021) - based on music memories, and what had resonated with me through these years... And as well, his music are now archived online as well, to which I could embed most of the music videos here!



And while my memories of 1986 British musical film "Absolute Beginners" remain largely forgettable (Wikipedia), the song however, stayed with me since.







"This Is Not America" from David Bowie & Pat Metheny Group was from the 1985 feature "The Falcon And The Snowman" (Wikipedia), again outlasted the memory of the film, and into my soundscape of life. (This video is a reworked fan edit).



The following few 80's era pop songs from Bowie resonated much with me AFTER said-era, where I developed an appreciation for his sound and music (I was more dedicated to British new wave synth and glam-rock, I guess), and as well were familiar to me via repeated MTV watches!









Bowie paired with Queen in 1981 for a one-off single release, "Under Pressure", and a classic it remained, IMHO. Featured here is the "Classic Queen Mix".



For years, I had this version of "As The World Falls Down" - based on edited footage from the feature film "Labyrinth", to which Bowie had a role as "Jareth" the Goblin King; a celluloid fantasy character that still remains with folks (non-music) memories, since the film's debut in 1986. Then I found THIS version showcased here



BONUS VIDEOS:



Comments

Popular Posts