R.I.P. David Bowie (1947 - 2016)

January 10 2016: "David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family’s privacy during their time of grief." (www.davidbowie.com)
The Musician known thru the ages as The "Thin White Duke" has passed. David Bowie turned 69 years old on Saturday, and had just released his 26th studio album, "★ Blackstar" (Music video above).

An undeniable influence on my soundscape of youth, I recognize I had been taking his talent and songs for granted all these years, but his legacy remains eternal. My memories of Bowie begun in the 80s, lasting thru to my fav track from him ever: "As The World Falls Down" (from the feature film "Labyrinth"), then back to his earlier catalog … Here are just a few of my fav tracks from the late, but always great, David Bowie;











Comments

Popular Posts