Lena Park (from 1999's #A Second Helping)


Listened to Lena Park's 1999 album "A Second Helping" (her second album released) on desktop speakers yesterday, and intimately on earphones today, and I am re-loving the "National Fairy" (Wiki), from the day I bought the CD after listening to, and being charmed by her soulful R&B floating thru my earphones in Tower Records, Orchard Rd, back when they existed still in Singapore. Her name remained in my subconscious since, but have not searched for her and her sounds since this album, alas.

Featured below are two of her singles released from the album; "I'll Write You a Letter" and "A Person In My Dream" (which has it's won late-90s/early-2000-styled MV):

"I'll Write You a Letter" (편지할께요) Audio Only:


2006.08.17 Live Stage:




"A Person In My Dream" (몽중인)(夢中人)


Stage Performance:


"Park Jung-hyun (Korean: 박정현; born March 23, 1976), also known as Lena Park (Korean: 리나 박), is an American-born South Korean singer who debuted in 1998 with the album, Piece. She is also widely known in South Korea as her nickname "National fairy" due to her petite body and powerful singing voice.

(in 2019) She released (her) 9th album The Wonder with a music video for the title track 같이 (Gachi; With You) and besides the last digital single published in 2017 and 2018, the new tracks 기억하자 (kieokahaja; "Remember") and "Seventeen", written and composed by Lena, are included."
(Wikipedia)

Comments

Popular Posts