Merry Christmas, Mr Lawerence = KPOP Collabos & Classics





KPOP girl group IVE premiered an unreleased song with David Guetta for the very first time at Tokyo Dome concert. The song samples the late Ryuichi Sakamoto's "Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence" (main OST theme for the 1983 feature film of the same name) ... and hearing it the first time (IVE's song) immediately recognisable, and quite honestly brought chills down my spine, and a melancholy that I appreciate that I could post the original versions here today for, cheers.



ABOVE: Fromm the original soundtrack of Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence
BELOW: The late Ryuichi Sakamoto p[erforming on piano



The following listen might be more familiar (at least to me): "Forbidden Colours" with David Sylvian, and more likely my first experience with the OST, and also more likely had gotten me delving further into film OSTs (I only managed to half-watch the 1983 film eons ago), and having stacketh of CD album jewel cases to show for it too LOL

Comments

Popular Posts