"I Say A Little Prayer, If It's Not Too Late, Because It'll Never Be The Same Again"




Undeniably, I purchased this 1999 album "Unforgettable Collection" from Workshy, because of their cover of Burt Bacharach & Hal David's "I Say A Little Prayer"... I have no recollection of the rest of the album tho UPDATE: I've listened to the album as I spent MInday morning blogging, and it;s all coming back to me now! I might do a Full Album Listen eventually tho ... menawhile, here another track off another album I adore, and more likely the track that sucked me into their discography;



What I do remember (albeit faintly) was being so obsessed with "It's Too Late", I'd listening on repeat first my portable CD player, then subsequently on the mini-hifi....! Of course this was long before digital player were I could enable "repeat"

Workshy is an English band formed in London in 1986 by Michael McDermott, Chrysta Jones and Kevin Kehoe. The track "It's Too Late" was apart of their 1994 "Soul Love" album, and is in turn a cover of Carole King' 1971 song of the same name.

Another notable track is "Never The Same again", from their 1994 album "Soul Love", featuring iconic 90s' beats!





I personally do appreciate the non-commital easy-listening jazzy-chill listens, appealing to my un-uttered need for serenity, during a eventful and fruitful but hectic period of my early working life. I do miss the work (or the regular paycheck it offered), most of all the new-found freshness and excitement I had for what I did, and in many ways, being able to absorb and apprciate multiple genres of music, reflected that ssonic sponge-soaking.

BUY FROM U.S.AMAZON:
Japan-pressing "Soul Love" CD-album for US$99
Japan-pressing "Soul Love" CD-album for US$26.56
Japan-import "Unforgettable Collections" for US$22.98

Comments

Popular Posts