"Playing The Angel" (2005) by Depeche Mode (Full Album Listen)

Platying The Angel Depeche Mode


"Playing the Angel" is the 11th studio album by DEPECHE MODE - first released on 13 October 2005 through Mute Records internationally, and through Sire Records and Reprise Records in the United States.

Featured below is a full album listen, including a look at the music videos for the four singles were released from the album; "Precious", "A Pain That I'm Used To", "Suffer Well", and "John the Revelator" / "Lilian". All tracks are written by Martin L. Gore, except where noted.

Platying The Angel Depeche Mode


This album featured (for me) a grittier, filthier soundscape, scrapping at the soul of despair, looking at the absolutely smallest of glimmers at the end of the tunnel. On one hand re4minding me somewhat of the visceral drone of much earlier classics such as BLACK CELEBRATION, but with a much deeper void ... Not exactly my favourites of albums, but it's "DM", so I suck it up like a willing child, thanks :)

TRACKLIST (Standard edition):
1. "A Pain That I'm Used To" (4:11)
2. "John the Revelator" (3:42)
3. "Suffer Well" (Dave Gahan, Christian Eigner, Andrew Phillpott / 3:49)
4. "The Sinner in Me" (4:56)
5. "Precious" (4:10)
6. "Macro" (4:03)
7. "I Want It All" (Gahan, Eigner, Phillpott / 6:09)
8. "Nothing's Impossible" (Gahan, Eigner, Phillpott / 4:21)
9. "Introspectre" (1:42)
10. "Damaged People" (3:29)
11. "Lilian" (4:49)
12. "The Darkest Star" (6:55)

Platying The Angel Depeche Mode


























I cannot believe it has taken me THAT LONG to post a full album listen from my favouritest group - from the 80s til now OMFG - but this us just the first post of (hopefully) many to come, not necessarily in chronological order/timeline, cheers.

BUY ON AMAZON:

Comments

Popular Posts