"One More Time" by 클론 CLON (Full Album Listen)



"Clon" (Korean: 클론) is a South Korean dance music duo that debuted in 1996. Made up of Kang Won-rae and Koo Jun-yup, I have a sole album titled "One More Time" (Released: June 8, 1997), no doubt snagged at (the since defunct) Tower Records in Pacific Plaza, due to either music sampling in-store, or via a music video I'd caught on the telly, with their R&B-esque "빙빙빙 (Bing Bing Bing)" ringing the memory bells the most and cannot be denied! LOL



Ok fine, tracks on the other end of the sound-spectrum like "On Your Birthday" and "Feel Good" were the technotechnotechno-tracks of the 90s reminiscent of Aaron Kwok's Para-Para Sakura, and I cannot deny it's appeal then, which ironically I did not copntinue with collecting CLON (unless I discover a album in my stash), with their mucho-techno-beats in later releases (I'mm looking at YOU "Come To Me" LOL) ... and no, I was not dexterous enough to dance along, alas LOL

TRACKLIST:
1. Getaway
2. Crezy For Movie
3. Bing Bing Bing
4. My Father
5. What's Wrong
6. On Your Birthday
7. Feeling good
8. Stop it!
9. Destined Day
10. Betrayal












And only when I was researching for this post, when I found out on Wikipedia, that e motorcycle accident (in November 2000) left Kang Won Rae paralyzed from the waist down.
"Initially the duo decided to disband but in the summer of 2005 they made a comeback with their 5th album, "Victory". The title track of the album was called "Nae Sarang Song-i" (My Love "Song") and was dedicated to Kang's wife, Kim Song, who encouraged and stood by him through those tough 5 years.

Although the duo unofficially disbanded after the album's release, they occasionally met for events or promotional activities. After 12 years, the duo decided to officially make a comeback."


BUY ON AMAZON:

Comments

Popular Posts