MandoPop Ballads of the 90s (Vol.2)



I am intrigued that I actually have this album in possession, from Taiwan singer 陳昇 Bobby Chen, with "別讓我哭" ("Don't Make Me Cry") a 1992 release. Listening thru the tracks of this album - two tracks remained memorable: "龍舞" and "One night in Beijing(北京一夜)" (Duet with &劉佳慧 Liu Chia-Hui) - more likely the reason why this album is in my possession...? Or maybe someone else left this with me...?







And I'll cap my Bobby Chen songs at "three", with the above "把悲傷留給自己" ("I left sadness to myself") classic from 1991, and more likely the reason that had left a good impression in my mind then, and a period of Mandopop ala Folksongs that tugged at my soul, amidst the glitz and joy of Western Pop .... Before the sounds of Harlem Yu, 動力火車 Power Station, F.I.R. and Zhang Zhen Yue took ahold of the Soundtrack of My Life LOL

This blogpost was started as a continuation of my MandoPop Ballads of the 90s (Vol.1), and realised most of the songs I've kept for this post, were predominantly male voices. Nevertheless, these are a few of my faves...







I am as intrigued as I do not own any 周華健 Wakin Chau albums, as I adored his voice and songs! Or maybe I took it for granted that I'll hear his songs whenever, as prolific as he had been then ...











Another name I took for "granted", was Jonathan Lee 李宗盛, whom beyond his own songs, also produced tons of classics. Here are a few listens...







Comments

Popular Posts