FUTURE LISTENING! by Towa Tei (Full Album Listen)

Looking+listening back before I move forward, after full album listens for Towa Tei's "LAST CENTURY MODERN" (3rd album) and "SOUND MUSEUM" (2nd album), today we flashback to his very first studio album "FUTURE LISTENING!" (Yes, the title comes with it's open exclamation mark).

TOWA TEI Future Listening!


The album was released in the United States on April 25, 1995 by Elektra Records, and is Towa Tei's first solo release after his departure from Deee-Lite.

Beyond the more overt Top-40s Pop Rock and Boy+Girl Bands shared with friends in my public live/night-live, the less "popular" Acid Jazz and Boosa Nova subtly invaded my waking dreams ... then when Towa Tei crossed over both? The result was immediate SONIC-NIRVANA, even if I had to float thru the soundscape alone (which I did), and even until now, I do not know of anyone else in life - beyond my brother - who surfs the similar music genre.

Also admittedly, as I blogged about and listened to the previously listen albums, I'd inevitably end up listening to tracks from "Future Listening!", with this blog-feature talking a little too long to reach publication LOL

This the Tracklist, and scroll thru for listens and watches!

1. "I Want to Relax, Please!" (4:11)

2. "Technova (Lá em Copacabana)" (5:46)
(Lyrics by Bebel Gilberto)

3. "Batucada" (3:27)
(Music by Bebel Gilberto & Marcos Valle)

4. "Luv Connection" (7:52)
(Lyrics by Joi Cardwell)

5. "Meditation!" (4:44)
(Lyrics by Natasha Latasha Diggs)

6. "Raga Musgo" (1:45)

7. "Son of Bambi (Walk Tuff)" (5:53)
(Lyrics by Caron Geary / Music by Towa Tei & Toshihiko Mori)

8. "Amai Seikatsu (Lá Douce Vie)" (4:21)
(Lyrics by Towa Tei & Yasuharu Konishi / Music by Tei Nokko)

9. "Obrigado" (3:06)
(Lyrics by Arto Lindsay)

10. "Dubnova (Part 1 & 2)" (11:44)
(Lyrics by Towa Tei & Bebel Gilberto )












Comments

Popular Posts