(MY FAV) TOP TWENTY-TWO DUETS OF THE 80S (Part 1/2)

Okay fine, I struggled to keep the list down to "20", so instead I pretend to be "clever" and made-up "22" Duets to share! Not clever meh? Sure there are memorable ones too, but THESE were/are my favs, split into two blog-features - This is the FIRST of TWO, featuring quite a number of memorable songs from American movie soundtracks too. ENJOY!

TOP TWENTY-TWO DUETS OF THE 80S - #22
"U Got The Look" by Prince (featuring Sheena Easton) is from his 1987 album "Sign "O" The Times". The album itself was a "work of Sound Art" to me, as "indulgent" as I'd felt it was back when when I bought the cassette tape, but thru the years admired the artist for wanting to do what he wanted to artistically, IMHO. Then a ("uncredited") duet with Sheena Easton? SCHWEET!



TOP TWENTY-TWO DUETS OF THE 80S - #21
"I Just Can't Stop Loving You" by Michael Jackson With Siedah Garrett, from his album 1987 "Bad". I wasn't too enamoured with the album per se, as much as I recognised the hits that've come out of it ... but this? MAGIC.



TOP TWENTY-TWO DUETS OF THE 80S - #20
"The Next Time I Fall" by Peter Cetera with Amy Grant (1986), whispered into my ear as much as Cetera singles and Chicago-songs guilty did, PLUS Amy Grant (whom I really enjoyed "Baby, Baby"), and I am set :)



TOP TWENTY-TWO DUETS OF THE 80S - #19
"Don't Know Much" from Linda Ronstadt feat. Aaron Neville skims "1989-1990" but I don't care lol



TOP TWENTY-TWO DUETS OF THE 80S - #18
"Separate Lives" by Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin (1985) from the OST of "White Nights" was a song I'd enjoyed but felt by myself, as no one around me mentioned this song ... :p



TOP TWENTY-TWO DUETS OF THE 80S - #17
"Put a Little Love in Your Heart" by Annie Lennox and Al Green (1988) was a cover song used in the final scene for the film "Scrooged" (starring Bill Murray), not that I remembered the movie in the first place (sorrynotsorry), but...



TOP TWENTY-TWO DUETS OF THE 80S - #16
"Ebony And Ivory" by Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder (1982) was a track I used to think was too "kitschy" (quite the irony, I know), since thru the growing years, had grown on me, with it's sincerity.



TOP TWENTY-TWO DUETS OF THE 80S - #15
"Never Gonna Let You Go" by Sergio Mendes feat. Joe Pizzulo & Leza Miller (1983).



TOP TWENTY-TWO DUETS OF THE 80S - #14
"Up Where We Belong" by Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes (1982) was heard in the OST for "An Officer and a Gentlemen", a film that had not etched itself in my mind, sorry ... but the song? :)



TOP TWENTY-TWO DUETS OF THE 80S - #13
"(I've Had) The Time Of My Life" from Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes (1987) is another infamous OST track, with this apart of "Dirty Dancing". Noe THIS movie, I remembered :)



TOP TWENTY-TWO DUETS OF THE 80S - #12
"Suddenly" by Olivia Newton-John & Cliff Richard (1980). Truth be told, this "Duet of the 80s"-list on #TIUNESTALKsg started with wanting to post this track, but realised it might prove more fruitful with a "list"... am I wrong to do so? :p

Comments

Popular Posts