My Fav Top Ten (Early) 90s Boy Band Songs


As much as I am conscious of the fact that my current playlists consists predominantly of FEMALE voices, I am also reminded of the bygone days where BOY BANDS were my everyday - especially in the 90s - primarily so because it was part of my "dayjob" in the late-90s-early 2000's (Above image from), along with girl groups and mixed groups also lah .... BUT for the purposes of THIS blogpost., I'd like to take a firm focus on western Boy Bands - my TOP TEN, if you will - that does not include the key players, namely New Kids on The Block, The Backstreet Boys, and N'SYNC!

Knee-deep in work and attempting to build up my career, especially in the later-90s, as opposed to early-90s where I had the constant attention of MTV (different job, doffrent place), and barely had the opportunity to "explore" beyond the "Top 40"-fare, alas ... Admittedly, some of these might be "cringe" now, but back then? They were my JAM :)















A very close contender was "All 4 Love", but I had to give it up for "I Wanna Sex You Up" from Color Me Badd, with that falsetto! TickTockDon'tStop, people!





And darn it, I SO LOVED THIS TRACK from 5ive, even until now! Gets me armchair grooving at the very least LOL - with lyrics I can get behind, and for many years and situations, where what grounded me in my lot in life too, I will not lie...

Get on up when you're down
Baby, take a good look around
I know it's not much, but it's okay
Keep on moving anyway


Comments

Popular Posts