"UPSTAIRS AT ERIC's" by YAZOO


I've been wanting to post about this for some time now, having last posted on my (personal) Facebook instead (where most music gets shared first lol), and having incurred the "itch" not too long ago... One of my favourite albums and soundscapes of the 80s': "UPSTAIRS AT ERIC's" album by Yazoo.



The British synthpop duo comprise of Vince Clarke (instrumentation) and Alison Moyet (vocals, piano), "Upstairs at Eric's" was their debut album released in 1982, and produced hits such as "Only You", "Don't Go", "Situation" and sounds that haunt my love for 80s' synths eternal.

Not to mention the then provocative album cover design, which did not show either of the musicians and performer(s), how utterly avant garde!

Featured here is the entire track listing, via both music video and audio only. Their subsequent album ("You And Me Both") didn't quite latch itself unto my subconsciousness, except for singles such as Nobody's Diary, and Alison Moyet's subsequent solo era.

SIDE ONE
"Don't Go" (Vince Clarke) – 3:08
"Too Pieces" (Clarke) – 3:14
"Bad Connection" (Clarke) – 3:20
"I Before E Except After C" (Clarke) – 4:36
"Midnight" (Alison Moyet) – 4:22
"In My Room" (Clarke) – 3:52

SIDE TWO
"Only You" (Clarke) – 3:14
"Goodbye 70's" (Moyet) – 2:35
"Tuesday" (Clarke) – 3:22
"Winter Kills" (Moyet) – 4:06
"Bring Your Love Down (Didn't I)" (Moyet) – 4:40

SIDE ONE
"Don't Go" (Vince Clarke):

"Too Pieces" (2008 Remastered Version):

"Bad Connection" (2008 Remastered Version):

"I Before E Except After C: (2018 - Remaster):

"Midnight" (Live on The Tube):

"In My Room" (Live on The Tube):


SIDE TWO
"Only You":

"Goodbye '70s (2008 Remaster):

"Tuesday":

"Winter Kills":

"Bring Your Love Down (Didn't I)":


BUY ON AMAZON:

Comments

Popular Posts