My Top Ten 90s Songs (Vol.2) To The #SoundtrackofMyLife


The 90s was the era when I started working for a living, and getting paid to waste my youth, a tad delayed from vocational school and mandatory army conscription. I was 23 when I got my first monthly paycheck, and I very quickly learnt how to spend my $$$: I visited PUBS!

Maybe I'd gotten over "discos" (that'll return to haunt me later, thanks), but I'd gotten the taste of "live music", and that coupled with American Top 40 Pop-Rock Songs, helped me forget and forgo the brilliant 80s I had grown up with (no worries, that returned and haunts me til this day still LOL).

One main venue was Hard Rock Cafe on Orchard Road, which soon became the default Friday watering hole my colleagues and I would go to, every. single. week. From faux-head-slamming (oh the shame) on the dance floor, to faux-head-slamming on booth seats and even table (OH THE SHAME! Hey! Everyone else was doing it, can?!), I'd gotten semi-sloshed and rocked like a rabid (post)-teenager would, until the house lights turned on (Yes, I was THAT cheap LOL). And the band: "JIVE TALKING", totally rocked the house with their covers, no joke. My only regret in life, is to not have taken photographs of those "wild" days ... *cough*

"Ironic" as some of the songs and lyrics held such serious meaning and intent (Pearl Jam's "Jeremy" broke my heart later in life when I listened closer to the lyrics), when it was "entertainment fodder" during this time in my life. Regardless, some remain classics, while others herald an era of lost innocence, like a gutteral reaction to the glam-80s, IMHO... before boybands and girl groups dominated the charts tho...

THIS blogpost is dedicated to the tracks of the era!



















.....

Comments

Popular Posts