With Love And Squalor by We Are Scientists

We Are Scientists is Keith Murray on guitar and lead vocals, Chris Cain on bass guitar and Michael Tapper on drums. and they rawk!

their latest album; With Love and Squalor; with their brand of epic-punk-rock, heightened by intense drums and heavy, wailing guitars ~ had kept me entralled for near a week now and i pound the streets and citylights with them firmly within my eardrums. and i dance a little jig-that's-not-really-a-jig, but more of a seemingly rejuvinated spirit, my steps seemed pacier and with purpose, my mood smiling with a low growl and the feeling is surprisingly good. they somehow manage to evoke a sense of the 80's for me (not that that's any indication of their sound, but mayhap it is?) - what with the good-old-days of Echo and The Bunnymen, The Cure et al (IMHO - me ears and memories are weird, i know) ... and truthfully, as much as they might sound like just any other current "brit-edgy-bands" (the Killers et al) out there now, they stand taller than most, and that's good enough for me :)

(Review Copyrighted AndyHeng 2005)

Comments

Popular Posts